In this tutorial, you will read about the steps to download and install UnlockMyTV APK on Firestick. The steps are the same for installation on Amazon Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Stick 4K, and Fire TV 2nd Generation. A clone of Cinema HD, UnlockMyTV on Firestick lets you watch your favorite movies and TV shows online using an Android device.
UnlockMyTV provides a good number of links in 720p and 1080p. Great subtitle support and the ability to integrate external players for playback are some of the features of UnlockMyTV app.
UnlockMyTV is free to use with no registration/subscription requirements. It supports Real-Debrid and Trakt.tv as well thereby giving a tough fight to its competitors.
Check out CatMouse APK as well to stream the latest titles on Firestick.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: VPN is one of the best tools to hide your privacy if you are in a local WiFi or Home WiFi. UnlockMyTV APK is an application where you are required to use VPN in order to hide your IP address and access the application anonymously and that will help your Privacy and security. We never encourage using any type of apps which goes on piracy. This is for purely educational purpose and here we have listed the Best VPN and Complete Installation Guide.
- 1 How to Install UnlockMyTV APK on Firestick
- 1.1 Install UnlockMyTV App on Firestick [Downloader App]
- 1.2 Is VPN Necessary? [Attention!!]
- 1.3 How to Setup VPN on Firestick
- 1.4 How to Use UnlockMyTV APK on Firestick
- 1.5 Real-Debrid Setup for UnlockMyTV on Firestick
- 1.6 Trakt.tv Setup for UnlockMyTV on Firestick
- 1.7 How to Add Subtitles on UnlockMyTV APK
- 1.8 UnlockMyTV APK on Firestick/Fire TV | FAQs
How to Install UnlockMyTV APK on Firestick
UnlockMyTV is a third-party streaming app. Hence, to install UnlockMyTV on Firestick, the option of Apps from Unknown Sources must be toggled ON on your Firestick or Fire TV. The following are the steps for the same.
- Go to Settings > Device or My Fire TV.
- Select Developer Options.
- Tap on Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Click on Turn On.
Apps from Unknown Sources is activated. Going forward, following are the steps to install UnlockMyTV on Firestick/Fire TV.
Check our tutorial on How to install Typhoon TV on Firestick, another popular third-party app to watch movies online on Firestick.
Install UnlockMyTV App on Firestick [Downloader App]
- Go to Search Tool from the main screen of your Firestick.
- Conduct a search for Downloader App.
- The search results will come up. Tap on Downloader App.
- Please download and install Downloader App on your Firestick.
- Once installed, launch the application.
- Your Firestick will ask whether you want to give permissions to access media and files to the Downloader App or not. Tap on Allow.
- A warning will come up. Tap on Yes.
- Go to the Home Section on the app now.
- In the space provided please enter URL: [https://firestickhelper.com/unlockmytv/] and tap on Go.
- You will see UnlockMyTV APK on Firestick file getting downloaded now.
- After the APK file is downloaded, Firestick will launch the APK file for you.
- A window will come up asking Do you want to install the application. Tap on Install.
- Post successful installation, an App Installed message will come up.
- Hit Done.
- Your Firestick will ask whether you want to delete the APK file for UnlockMyTV app or not. Please tap on Delete.
- Upon launching the app, the following will be the main screen. In later sections, we have described what things you need to initially take care of before reaching this screen.
Is VPN Necessary? [Attention!!]
YES!! Your entire internet activity is visible to your ISP as well as the Government. This includes third-party app streaming as well. If you are infringing somebody’s copyright or watching content not present in the public domain; serious legal troubles await you.
So, how to maintain privacy and keep your identity a secret on the web? The answer is VPN. Please note we are not talking about free VPN apps here that provide absolutely nothing in terms of security. We are talking about state-of-the-art paid VPN services.
Subscribing to a good VPN service is a must. Now the question comes which service to go for? We have already done that research for you. ExpressVPN is best in terms of speed as well as security. Below we are providing you the steps to setup ExpressVPN on your Firestick.
Disclaimer: Firestick Helper doesn’t endorse or encourage streaming copyright content on third-party apps. However, since it is difficult to identify which source is legit; it is best and highly recommended to go for ExpressVPN.
How to Setup VPN on Firestick
Prior to proceeding further, you require ExpressVPN Subscription. Subscribe to ExpressVPN from Here and you will get a 30-day money back guarantee. So, you can use it free for complete 30 days. Thereafter, if you don’t like the software(IMO, which usually don’t happen), you can ask for full refund.
- Please launch Search on your Firestick.
- Look for ExpressVPN.
- Download and install ExpressVPN on Firestick.
- Post successful installation, please launch ExpressVPN app and tap on Sign In.
- Enter Username and Password that you have received while subscribing. Tap on Sign In once again.
- When asked to Configure the VPN, please hit OK.
- You will be asked for a Connection Request. Tap on OK.
- Help Improve ExpressVPN screen will come up. Choose whatever you wish here.
- ExpressVPN is now setup on Firestick.
- Launch ExpressVPN and tap on the big ON button in the center to connect to VPN.
- Once connected, ExpressVPN will automatically choose a smart location that suits you best. You can change this location as well.
- Connected message will come up on ExpressVPN when connected to VPN.
- Whenever you wish to disconnect tap on ON button once again. Now, the message will change to Not Connected.
How to Use UnlockMyTV APK on Firestick
Post how to install UnlockMyTV on Firestick, for using the app, you need to access it. UnlockMyTV will be present on the home screen itself if Firestick has less than 20 apps. However, if more apps are installed, following steps are required to be followed.
- Expand the Your Apps and Channels section and tap on See All.
- Scroll down and you will see UnlockMyTV at the end.
- For taking it to the home screen, please hit the Men Button on your Firestick remote and select the option Move.
- Launch UnlockMyTV and a prompt will come up seeking your permission to allow UnlockMyTV APK on Firestick to access photos, media, and files. Tap on Allow.
- Next Please Enjoy Your Streaming prompt will come up. Please checkmark the option Don’t Show Again and hit the back button on your remote.
- A prompt might come up to update the app. We recommend doing so before moving further.
- A Change Log window will come up. Hit OK.
- That’s it! Now the main screen of the app will come up.
- By default the app will display TV Shows. Access the three line Menu button on top-left to switch to Movies.
- The small inverted triangle on top-left allows you to sort the content in accordance to Popular, Trending, Top Rated, and other categories. Same options exist for movies as well.
- The Funnel Icon on the top-right allows you to filter the content according to the year.
- In the Menu, you will have Settings as well. Following is how the Settings Window looks like.
Please note that UnlockMyTV app doesn’t prompt you to select default video player in the beginning. However, as you can see above, you can do so in the Settings window.
Real-Debrid Setup for UnlockMyTV on Firestick
- Launch UnlockMyTV and go to Settings.
- Scroll down in Settings and you will see the option Login to Real-Debrid.
- A code will be displayed upon tapping that option. Note the code.
- On a web browser go to URL: [https://real-debrid.com/device].
- Enter the code and hit Continue.
- Authorization complete notification will come up.
- Go back to Settings and you will see that you have logged on to Real-Debrid.
Trakt.tv Setup for UnlockMyTV on Firestick
- Go to Settings and choose the option Login to trakt.tv.
- Jot down the code.
- From a web browser go to URL: [https://trakt.tv/activate].
- Enter the code and hit Continue.
- Tap on Yes on the window that comes up next.
- Trakt authorization message will come up.
- Go back to Settings and you will see that you have logged on to Trakt.tv.
How to Add Subtitles on UnlockMyTV APK
For adding subtitles, you require selecting your default player as MX Player. You can do so from the Settings of UnlockMyTV.
- Select a movie/TV show that you want to watch and choose the Source.
- Upon tapping on the source, from the pop up that comes up, please select Play with Subtitles.
- Select the preferred language.
- Tap on the subtitle track visible to you.
- That’s it! Your content will play with subtitles now.
UnlockMyTV APK on Firestick/Fire TV | FAQs
1. Is it legal to use UnlockMyTV?
It is definitely legal to use UnlockMyTV. However, streaming copyrighted content and content outside the public domain is indeed illegal. That’s why to save yourself from legal issues, please subscribe to ExpressVPN; the best VPN of all.
2. Can I download content from UnlockMyTV?
Choose the content that you want to download and hit the Download option. Please note that it is difficult to establish that the source which you are downloading from is legal or not. Hence, to protect your identity and maintain your privacy, please make sure you subscribe and activate ExpressVPN prior to downloading.
3. Can I install UnlockMyTV on other devices?
Yes! You can install UnlockMyTV on Xbox 360/Xbox One, Nvidia Shield, Android mobile device, and any other Android TV box that you might have.
UnlockMyTV on Firestick – Conclusion
UnlockMyTV is a fantastic app to stream your favorite movies/TV shows on the big screen of your television via Firestick. Let us know about your experience of download UnlockMyTV on Firestick in the comments section provided below.
Check the following interesting posts as well: