In this post, you will learn about the steps to download and install Sofa TV on Firestick. The same set of steps will be applicable for Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV 2nd Generation, and Fire Stick 4K. Sofa TV allows you to stream Hollywood and Bollywood movies for free.
Sofa TV, a relatively new app, provides a simple and clean user interface that has only two folders viz Bollywood and Hollywood. The development team associated with Sofa TV is consistently adding new titles in both the folders.
Other than the latest movies, you can find old and popular movies on Sofa TV as well.
Check out Morphix TV to stream the latest movies and TV shows on Firestick.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: VPN is one of the best tools to hide your privacy if you are in a local WiFi or Home WiFi. SOFA TV APK is an application where you are required to use VPN in order to hide your IP address and access the application anonymously and that will help your Privacy and security. We never encourage using any type of apps which goes on piracy. This is for purely educational purpose and here we have listed the Best VPN and Complete Installation Guide.
- 1 How to install Sofa TV on Firestick
- 1.1 Install Sofa TV APK on Firestick Using Downloader App
- 1.2 Is VPN Necessary? [Attention!!]
- 1.3 How to Setup VPN on Firestick
- 1.4 How to Use Sofa TV on Firestick
- 1.5 CONs of Sofa TV App?
- 1.6 PROs of Sofa TV app?
- 1.7 Use MX Player with Sofa TV
- 1.8 Sofa TV APK on Firestick/Fire TV | FAQs
- 1.9 Sofa TV APK on Firestick – Conclusion
How to install Sofa TV on Firestick
As Sofa TV is a third-party streaming app, prior to commencing the installation of Sofa TV on Firestick, you require toggling ON the option of Apps from Unknown Sources. Following are the steps that you require following for the same.
- Make your way to Settings > Device or My Fire TV.
- Click on Developer Options.
- Tap on Apps from Unknown Sources.
- A warning will come up. Please click on Turn On button.
Now Apps from Unknown Sources is activated on your Firestick. Going forward, let us check out the steps to install Sofa TV on Firestick/Fire TV.
Check out how to install UnlockMyTV APK on Firestick, another popular streaming app catering to latest movies and TV shows.
Install Sofa TV APK on Firestick Using Downloader App
- Please go to Search Tool located on the main menu of your Firestick.
- Conduct a search for Downloader App.
- Please hang on and let the search results to populate. Tap on Downloader App. The following screenshot will help you in identifying the correct app.
- Now, download and install Downloader App on your Firestick.
- Post successful installation, please launch Downloader App.
- You will be asked to provide permissions to the Downloader App allowing access to media, photos, and files. Please tap on Allow.
- Now, the primary screen of the Downloader App will come in front of you.
- Now, go to the category titled as Home from the left-hand side menu of the Downloader App.
- Here, you will see a space will be provided for entering URL. With the help of your remote, please enter [https://firestickhelper.com/sofatv] and Tap on Go.
Important Note: This APK file is not hosted by firestickhelper.com. This link is pointing to the installation file hosted at archive.org.
- The APK file for Sofa TV on Firestick will download now.
- Wait for the APK file to download. Once the APK file downloads, Firestick will launch the APK file without requiring any intervention from your side.
- A window will come up asking whether you wish to install Sofa TV or not. Please tap on Install.
- Wait for the installation to complete. An App Installed message will come up.
- Tap on Done.
- Next, you will be asked whether you wish to delete the APK file for Sofa TV app or not. We recommend deleting the APK file as it will unnecessarily occupy space on your Firestick.
- Please tap on Delete.
- Please tap on Delete once again.
- Launch the application and you will see the following screen coming up. As you can see the user interface is minimal and has just two folders on the main screen viz Bollywood and Hollywood.
Is VPN Necessary? [Attention!!]
YES!! If you don’t want to get caught by your ISP and reported to the government for streaming content holding copyrights or content from outside the public domain, then you need to invest in a good VPN service. In most of the cases, this happens unintentionally as it is difficult to identify which content has copyrights and falls outside the public domain.
Therefore it is of utmost importance that you maintain your privacy and keep your identity and location a secret. This can be done only by using a good VPN service. Mind it! We are not talking about free VPN services here as they are absolutely rubbish and provide little to negligible protection against the prying eyes on the internet.
So, how to select a good VPN service? The only VPN currently that can provide you security and protection of the highest standards is ExpressVPN. Below we are providing you the steps to setup ExpressVPN on your Firestick.
Disclaimer: This post is for educational purposes. Firestick Helper doesn’t host, own, or operate any third-party apps or add-ons. A good number of these apps come from third-party developers providing unlawful access to copyrighted content. We do not condone accessing pirated content and copyright infringement. Users are responsible for the content they access.
How to Setup VPN on Firestick
Please note that before you proceed, you need ExpressVPN subscription. Subscribe to the VPN service from Here and you will get a 30-day money-back guarantee. So, you can use it free for a complete 30 days. Thereafter, if you don’t like the software(IMO, which usually doesn’t happen), you can ask for a full refund.
- Please go to Search again from the main menu of your Firestick.
- Search for ExpressVPN.
- Please download and install ExpressVPN on Firestick.
- Post successful installation, please launch ExpressVPN app and tap on Sign In.
- Here, in the screen, you require entering your username and password that you have received after availing the subscription.
- Tap on Sign In once again.
- Now you will be asked to Configure the VPN. Press OK.
- Next, you will see a Connection Request coming up from ExpressVPN. Tap on OK.
- Now, a screen will come up asking whether you wish to share crash reports, speed tests for improving ExpressVPN. It is totally up to you what you want to select here.
- The VPN is not setup on your Firestick.
- Launch ExpressVPN app and click the big ON button in the center.
- Post successful connection, the VPN itself will choose a location for you that will suit you best. However, if you desire so, you can change the location at your convenience.
- Connected Message will come up on the main screen of the ExpressVPN app.
- Whenever you wish to disconnect, simply hit the big ON button once again and this time you will see a message Not Connected.
Check CatMouse APK for streaming the latest movies as well as TV series on Firestick.
How to Use Sofa TV on Firestick
Once you are done with how to install Sofa TV APK on Firestick, for using the app, you require locating the icon of the app first. If you have less than 15 apps installed on your Firestick, you can see it on the home screen itself, however, if you have more than 15 apps installed, then following the below-given steps.
- Press and hold the home button on your Firestick remote. From the menu that comes up, please select Apps.
- Go to the bottom of the list and you will see Sofa TV. Tap on the options button on your Firestick remote and select Move.
- Now, simply drag Sofa TV to the top of the list.
- Please launch Sofa TV app now.
- When launching for the first time, a prompt will come up asking your permission to allow the app to access photos, media, and files on your Firestick device. Please tap on Allow.
- Now the main menu of the Sofa TV app will come up. As mentioned above, you will notice that there are only two folders viz Bollywood and Hollywood.
- Select the category that you wish to. We will go with Hollywood.
- A list of movies will come up in front of you. Some of the movie categories available in the app are Latest, Popular, Top Rated, Marvel, and Upcoming Movies. Select the movie that you wish to stream.
- Tap on the Watch Now button.
- Based on the qualities that are available, a list will come up in front of you. Select the quality that you want the movie to stream in.
- Now you can select either Play or Play With option. Play option will play the title in the inbuilt player. Via Play With option, you can choose a different player for playback.
- For now, simply select Play and the title will start streaming on your Firestick.
CONs of Sofa TV App?
As you have already seen above, the menu options available on Sofa TV app are the minimum possible. This makes the app incredibly lightweight and ideal for devices like Firestick that usually have less storage. However, there are certain downsides to Sofa TV app that we are writing below.
- No Real-Debrid Integration.
- No Trakt.tv integration.
- There exists no option to select a default player from the list of external players.
- You cannot add anything to Favorites.
- There is no facility of subtitles as well.
- No TV shows are available to stream.
If you are interested in Real-Debrid or Trakt.tv then please check out Typhoon TV on Firestick.
PROs of Sofa TV app?
Though there are disadvantages, but there do exist advantages as well of using Sofa TV app on Firestick. Following is the list.
- User interface of the app is minimal and thus poses no hindrance for new users to use the app.
- The app is incredibly light-weight making it ideal for Firestick as Firestick already have less storage space.
- 4K links are available as well.
Use MX Player with Sofa TV
Below given steps represent a walk around through which you can select MX Player to playback the titles on Sofa TV.
Before proceeding, if you don’t have already, please install MX Player on your Firestick using the Downloader App as per the steps you followed above for installing Sofa TV. Please use the URL: [https://firestickhelper.com/mx]. Once MX Player is installed, follow the below steps to integrate it with Sofa TV.
- Launch Sofa TV on your Firestick.
- Select Bollywood or Hollywood based on your preference.
- Select a movie of your choice.
- Tap on Watch Now to playback the movie.
- Please select the quality of the title.
- Now, instead of selecting Play, please select Play With.
- A dialog box will come up in front of you with MX Player as an option.
- Tap on MX Player from the list.
- That’s it! The movie will stream on MX Player now.
Sofa TV APK on Firestick/Fire TV | FAQs
1. Is it safe to use Sofa TV?
While it is safe to install and use Sofa TV, however, it depends on what content you are streaming. If you are streaming content that holds copyrights or is not present in the public domain your ISP is more than likely to report the activity to authorities and even send you legal notice. To avoid that only, you need ExpressVPN subscription as with the world’s best VPN installed on your Firestick, you won’t have to worry about streaming content on a third-party app.
2. Can I install Sofa TV on Nvidia Shield?
Yes! You can install Sofa TV on Nvidia Shield TV Android TV Box easily.
3. Can I simply install Sofa TV on Android mobile and use Chromecast?
Well! You could have been able to do that if Sofa TV had Chromecast support. However, as of now, Chromecast support is not available on Sofa TV. It is a relatively new app. The development team might think to add Chromecast support in future updates.
Sofa TV APK on Firestick – Conclusion
Generally, if you are looking for a lightweight app that allows you to stream movies especially Bollywood Movies, on Firestick then Sofa TV is one of the best options. Please note that TV shows are not available on the app. This makes the app more lightweight as compared to other relative apps that come with a minimal interface. If you do install Sofa TV APK then let us know about your experience of download Sofa TV app on Firestick in the comments section provided below.
Check the following interesting posts as well: